@JacquieOtag

18.2.15

Galentine's Day.

I'm not really one for celebrating Valentine's Day; I've never really actually had a Valentine, so February 14th has always been a day like any other for me. The chances of it falling on a Saturday this year meant I got to make plans with the girls for a day out and risk the inevitable onslaught of a London heaving with overly amorous couples.

Seriously, everyone was in a pair. As was I, with my BFF4LYF, Cherish. We hit the Black History Archives in Brixton, which had an amazing exhibition on called Staying Power, a collection of photographs by Black British artists depicting lives of Black Britons since the mid-20th Century. I'm a boring history nerd as well and a hopeless obsessive of arts and culture so this was right up my street. It's a small showing (there's a bigger one at the V&A which opened this week) but it's still worth popping down I reckon.

2015-02-18_21.09.43

After that, Chez and I ambled around Brixton Market.

Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog

Afterwards, we met Jen and Yewa at Trade cafe in Spitalfields. We lamented over Hotbox being closed until 6 (we arrived at 3) and unanimously decided on Meat Mission in Hoxton.
Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog
This is me by the way. I feel like I post more photos of other people than myself on my here bloggy blog.

I wasn't too fussed about food (which was decent), I just wanted cocktails (which were amazing) and laughs (which were loud and obnoxious). And indeed, 2 cocktails later, I had joined Tinder, swiped left on what seems like half the male population of London but still managed to get a few matches.

Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog Jacquie Otag Blog

It was a perfect Galentine's for me, I honestly have no energy to mooch around about something that isn't there... there'll be some time in the future when I have someone to share Valentine's Day/Birthday's/Fat Days/Cramp Days/Duvet Days with, so right now, I'm gonna sit tight and Tinder my way through my mid-twenties.*

*Honestly, it's so fun. It's basically a game. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment