@JacquieOtag

1.11.14

Stimulus | Can't Get Blue Out of My Mind



I've been drawn to the colour blue lately so naturally, I Googled 'What does blue mean' (patiently awaits offers of investigative journalism jobs) and I clicked on the first link that came up (bats away the onslaught of calls from the Secret Service) the Internets provided me with this
  • Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
  • Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.

Well, there ya go.

1. Alek Wek for Elle 2. Clare Kuo, Boundaries 27 3. Allen by Ricardo Rivera 4. Photo by me 5. Henri Matisse 'Nu assis, fond bleu' (1936) 6. & Other Stories Tumblr 7. Kianja Strobert, 'Untitled' (2011) 8. Drew Tyndell, 9. Photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment